Q. What mediums do you use?
- A. I predominantly use Photoshop CS5 for my digital work, but I also use Coral Painter and Paint Tool SAI. Outside of digital work, I also use traditional mediums such as watercolor, copics, oil and acrylic paints.
Q. How long have you been doing art?
- A. I’ve been doodling ever since I was a kid, but it wasn’t until I was in high school that I decided to take art seriously. I received a tablet as a gift when I was 15, and the rest as you know is history.
Q. How long have you been doing sequential work (aka. comics)?
- A. I started small comic projects early in high school for fun, and after I noticed the sequential work was helping improve my drawing skills, I decided to take it much more seriously and wrote elaborate story ideas to illustrate. I’ve been doing comics ever since.
Q. Do you do commissions?
- A. Yes, I do! My commission rates and samples can be found here.
Q. What artist(s) inspire you and your work?
- A. As an artist I take in inspiration from many places, but some artists in particular that I notably admire are Katsuhiro Otomo, Tsutomu Nihei, Junji Ito, Quentin Tarantino and David Lynch. Undoubtedly, these artists influence many aspects of the works I produce.
Q. Can I offer you feedback or constructive criticism on your work?
- A. Yes absolutely, and don’t feel like you have to ask or offer first. I find c&c to be extremely valuable and I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Ideally, you can contact me via the contact form to send in any suggestions or comments.
Q. When will I be able to purchase a physical copy of Digital Ninja, or any of your other artworks?
- A. I’ve sold out of my teaser books, and I’m planning on printing more. As for the complete volume 1, once I finish the volume I definitely plan on printing that. I don’t anticipate this will be available for a while, though.
Q. What conventions will you be at this year?
- A. I have a list of my convention and travel plans here!
If you have a question for me that wasn’t answered here, please contact me through the contact form and I’ll get back to you ASAP 🙂